cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debt consolidation loan options

tag
del_lali

debt consolidation loan options

i've got about 27K in credit card debt that's been built up over the past 15 years.  i now just want to get it paid off, the interest rates are outrageous and i was looking in to debt consolidation loans. 

1. looking at applying for upstart...are there any other places i should look online to see if i get a better rate? 

2. how will this affect my credit? we are hoping to take out a home equity line in the next couple of years to renovate our house, and i don't want to do anything to jeopardize that.  

my current score is 679 and the only thing working against me is the amout of debt...everything else is great. 

thanks so much for all advice/guidance! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: debt consolidation loan options

If you are a member of a CU, you may want to check with them if they offer debt consolidation loans. 

Message 2 of 3
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: debt consolidation loan options

Check out Prosper, Lending Club.

I went to Prospers' site and plugged in my info, and a SP later, they tell you if you're qualified.

They show you the interest rate you wuold possibly be looking at, the terms of the loan, amount ,etc...

I'm looking into this as well.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.