Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do I need credit?

tag
ktl55
Regular Contributor

Re: do I need credit?

midnight & tuscani

tu - I have 13 in all (2 from 07; 7 from 06 and 4 from 05)
ex i have 9 in all (1 from 07; 6 from 06 and 2 from 05)
eq - 0

scores

tu - 674
eq - haven't updated since the deletion (was 610)
eq - 657 ( 2 baddies both in dispute)
Message 11 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Guaranteed TU pulls are:

Target
Wells Fargo Financial
State Farm Visa
Kay Jewelers
Hooters MasterCard
Meadows Credit Union
WAMU
Juniper (sometime EX to)

You should have a pretty good chance at any of these cards.
Message 12 of 16
ktl55
Regular Contributor

with the target and kay jewelers is it best to do it at the store or online................. or does it not matter?
Message 13 of 16
ktl55
Regular Contributor

also tuscani, will that recent NCO pull affect my approval? I read on another board that creditors see recent pulls by collection agencies as a red flag?
Message 14 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Online is fine.. the NCO Inq should not matter. Both Target and Kay are very lenient. Upper 500 approvals are common.
Message 15 of 16
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Kt ...  okay, so some might disagree; but, to answer your question, "What constitutes needing credit?"  Simply -- and unless you're a Kennedy or a Hilton or a Gates -- life.  Unless you can pay cash for everything you might ever need or want -- like a house or a car and braces on your child's teeth, or as in my 21year old daughter's case, all 4 inpacted wisdom teeth surgically removed at one time!  -- you need credit.  It's just become a fact of life, and I'm near old enough to remember when it wasn't!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.