Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equifax dispute results but......

tag
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: equifax dispute results but......

That's very odd..

I haven't a lot of experience with the way they do things..

I hope somebody that knows about this stuff can decipher that.

Those dates make no sense.. 

Message 11 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA is required to send a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation to the consumer no later than 5 business days after conclusion of the period for reinvestigation.

That requirement is imposed directly on the CRA, and CK notice is irrelevant.

The CRA is required to send the formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation in written form to the consumer UNLESS the consumer has explicitly authorized the CRA to send the Notice of Results via electronic transmission.

In either event, the CRA must initiate the sending of the Notice of Results.

It is not the responsibility of the consumer to contact the CRA, such as by sending a view request or waiting for notice from a third party vendor, such as CK.

Lack of specific transmission of the Notice of Results to the consumer, either in written or authorized electronic alternative form, within 5 business days after conclusion of the (normally 30-day) period for reinvestigation, is a clear violation of the FCRA.

You can bring civil action for any such violation, and/or file a formal complaint with the CFPB.

Message 12 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thank you Robert. 

When disputing online is there some verbage that you agree to electronically receive it? I don't recall per say but I may have gave permission?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.