Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faxing disputes

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

faxing disputes

had a quick question regarding this issue.  i paid the oc, and they gave me a letter to use in case the ca didn't delete.  its been over a month now, and i disputed the entry.  it came back verified, and they updated the entry to paid with a $0 balance.  The letter very clearly states that the account was sent to collections by mistake, and for the cra to delete. i called the oc, and specifically the person who sent me the letter, and she stated that she has sent the info to delete to the ca, and she can't control how they decide to report. Recent posts are indicating that we shouldn't fax or send this letter to the cra's, because they are likely to reject the letters.  what exactly is the point of getting the letter if we have no recourse? and what can i do now?

Edit: sorry, for some reason it got erased.

Message Edited by angiepharm on 02-26-2008 08:47 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: faxing disputes

Think I need glasses BAD!
Message 2 of 7
treschic
Frequent Contributor

bump. sorry, my post got deleted the first time.  its there now. please see 1st post.
Message 3 of 7
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

WHO verified it? Maybe I missed it?

If it were me, I would send a copy of that letter to the CA AND the CRA along with the validation from the CA.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't that a violation on the CA's part?  
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would FAX  the letter to the CRA     They might not delete it but they might ........... try it.

IF it isn't deleted  send a nice ITS to the CA   CMRRR       yes by validating AFTER the OC told them not to ....violation & your letter is proof.
Message 5 of 7
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

"yes by validating AFTER the OC told them not to ....violation & your letter is proof."

How do we say that? CHA CHING 1000 times LOL
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

lmao
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.