Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraud alert as an authorized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fraud alert as an authorized user

My dad has me on one of his credit cards as an authorized user. If I get a fraud alert, am I able to clear it on my end (either through app or phone call) or would only my dad have the authority to do this? thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: fraud alert as an authorized user

What is the card? Be as specific as you can, as practices may vary between issuers and even between divisions of the same bank.

I've only been the primary or joint holder on cards and unfortunately can't give you an answer.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: fraud alert as an authorized user

@Anonymous wrote:

My dad has me on one of his credit cards as an authorized user. If I get a fraud alert, am I able to clear it on my end (either through app or phone call) or would only my dad have the authority to do this? thanks!

If you have a problem using your AU card, if you call the number on the back and identify yourself they will be able to assist you.  That's my own experience with Capital One and American Express.

On the other hand, the primary cardholder (in this case, your father) can call them on your behalf or his own.

The same applies for a lost card... you would only be able to report your AU card as lost/stolen, while the primary would be able to report his own or the AU card as lost/stolen.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.