cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

had Cabela's visa 2 months and nothing on any credit report? WTH? do they report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

had Cabela's visa 2 months and nothing on any credit report? WTH? do they report?

does Cabelas visa report?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tussking
Established Contributor

Re: had Cabela's visa 2 months and nothing on any credit report? WTH? do they report?

Of course they do...May just take an extra cycle. Have you used the card at all ? Even $10 ?

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: had Cabela's visa 2 months and nothing on any credit report? WTH? do they report?

yes....I charged 150 bucks once and paid it...then 85 bucks and paid that. thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 5
tussking
Established Contributor

Just give them a call and tell them to please update your new account to the 3 bureaus. I am sure they would be happy too !

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tussking wrote:

Just give them a call and tell them to please update your new account to the 3 bureaus. I am sure they would be happy too !

But why? When they report, your score is going to go DOWN. It'll lower your AAoA. You'll get the recent credit penalty. Ungood!

EVENTUALLY the new file will help rather than hurt. The new credit penalty will wear off. AAoA will recover. The increased limit will help your utilization. EVENTUALLY.

It's much better for you if they are a little slower reporting: It'll already be a little older by the time it hits your file, and you'll have less waiting for your score to recover. Everyone should wish that their new accounts take 6+ months to show up on the credit report--most of us, unfortunatley, see them appear after only 2-3 months.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.