cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with scenarios on raising score

tag
tooscope2

help with scenarios on raising score

I need some help. I will be applying for a home mortgage and recently ran my credit and found a drop of 60 pts secondary to a recent late payment on a credit card(very dumb). I have written them a letter asking it be removed as it was my only late in my history with them but they have been sort of putting me off. Anyway, my credit card balances are probably the next issue. I have 2 problem cards/ One has a balance of 2200 with a limit of 8100 and the other has a balance of 7050 with a limit of 7500. How much should I pay to get my score up the 60-80 pts I need to get a decent mortgage and how long will this take to adjust. Thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help with scenarios on raising score

I don't think anyone can tell you exactly how much your score will go up. But that $7500 card with the $7050 balance is definitely hurting you. I would try and get that below 50% if at all possible. I doubt that will give you a 60 to 80 point jump, but it will help.

The good news for you is that late pays (especially 30 day) age rather quickly.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help with scenarios on raising score

Is it bad to suggest if she has no extra money to move some of the debt to the other card I didn't quite do the math but if she is at over 90 util on one it seems like there is a little not much wiggle room on the card with only 2200 to move some of the debt over. Also, what if she asked for an increase with the one that is at 90% util. Not sure what financial situation is but if you don't have a lot of funds maybe this is a work around. Also keep nagging about the forgiveness all tjey can say is no!! Which leaves you where you are now!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.