Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi again happydays :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi again happydays :)

i've got another question. My wife's FICO is next. she's got a worse score than me.

EQ= 597
EX =601

she only has one open trade line, and its at about 80% utl.

she has a paid off car loan w GMAC that had 2 30 day lates; been closed for about two years.

other than that, nothing.

should we go try to get her a new TL, given the limited activity on her CR even though her score is pretty rough? or should we wait till after her utl is down below 30% or so?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: hi again happydays :)

I'm not happydays, but I'll offer my thoughts anyway. By getting her utilization down, preferably 1-9%, your wife should see a score jump. I would also send a GW letter to GMAC. Personally, I'd wait until her score was a little higher before applying for anything else.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

k, thanks for the advice, and its just that i am amazed at how often HappyDays in on here. although if i've seen him here that often i guess i'm in here just as muchSmiley Wink

any other input?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would pay down or off her CC now   wait until it reports Bal $0  or under 10% util.....then apply for a new CC  
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays is right. Utilization is the fastest-acting variable in FICO scoring. Get that balance down, then get her a couple credit cards...you'll get better terms and a higher CL after her FICO score pops thirty or forty points.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the two 30 day missed payment i think they have lost all negative value against your score being that they are two years +.

If you GW or dispute the account you might lose your account age or lose your score all together cause of lack of credit history.

I have a account that is bad on my CR from 4 years ago. But if i lose it on my CR i am scared I will lose my score cause all of my credit is new..

Best Wishes
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.