cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to dispute item on cr twice

tag
Boobaby_77

how to dispute item on cr twice

This is my first post and i am nervous.  Discover is on my ex report as a judgement in the amount of 2,737  filed 3/22/2005 and also in credit items as a charge off for the same amount date of status is 10/2004 but last reported 12/2007.  Is this valid or grounds for a dispute. If i can dispute please help me.  i don't know where to began. 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sh9730
Regular Contributor

Re: how to dispute item on cr twice

OK, first off welcome!  Dont be nervous...everyone here is only here to help and have had similar siutations to you...

Now, it is possible to have an item listed twice.  Once is from your original creditor, and the other from either a collection agency and/or the judgement in your PR section.

As for the dates....if you are getting those from MYFICO, you need to go directly to the various CRA (Credit Reporting Agency) websites and pay for your full report OR go to annualcreditreport.com and get your once a year free copies.   Those reports will have the accurate dates listed for the various statuses.  MYFICO is great (and the only place) to get your real FICO scores, but they are not so good at listing dates on accounts. 

When you get those dates, the DOFD (Date of First Delinquency) is the one that counts and that is the one that determines when the item will be removed from your report.  The Date Reported, and Date of Status are merely the last time any activity occurred, or the date the Creditor or Collection Agency last reported information on the account and doesnt mean much. 

This is just the beginning....there are ways to remove negative incorrectly reporting items, but you cant really start that until you have the accurate information.  Keep reading here and you ll learn very quickly.  These same type of questions get asked and answered often.
Message 2 of 4
Boobaby_77

Thank you.  Can you help me with this... My mom had a GEMB/JCP account and i was an au.  The account has now been charged off and is reporting on my credit.  What do i do to have this removed.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute- "Not mine"

Boobaby_77 wrote:
Thank you.  Can you help me with this... My mom had a GEMB/JCP account and i was an au.  The account has now been charged off and is reporting on my credit.  What do i do to have this removed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.