Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to handle judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to handle judgement

I have a judgement that was sent to collections i need to settle this and am wondering how to handle it do i call the original creditor and try to take care of this or do i have to deal with CA who happen to be right next door to original creditor. This is all over my son's music class he had to rent instrument and at the end of the year turn it back in. I found instrument in closet but i was sued due to my thinking it was turned in. Any idea's and anyone wanna buy a clarinet cheap lol. j/k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how to handle judgement

I'd walk in and see if I could negotiate a solution to it.

Since the judgment was filed by a court, however, you may not be able to get it removed. But at least you can ensure it gets marked as paid.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When they served you with a summons, did you respond? If not, they probably got a default judgement. Depending upon the state where you live, you might still be able to get it vacated.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

vacated? how does one go about doing that?. Summons was not responded to and yes they got default judgement. not a smart move on my part but I have learned valuable lesson. thanks
Message 4 of 5
FICOrising

Here is a link to get you started on vacating your judgment.

**Link to credit repair site removed***

Hello FICOrising --

Welcome to FICO Forums!  The link to the above message has been removed as it is in violation of our Terms of Service which prevent the posting of links to sites that promote credit repair.  Please familiarize yourself with our Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines before posting anything further to avoid having your posts edited or removed.

Thanks,

- Barry

Message Edited by Barry on 05-18-2007 10:53 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.