Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

im looking to buy a home

tag
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

im looking to buy a home

i was just wondering why is it that they use the middle report? in my case its experian with a score of 620  comapred to my eq which is 740 is there any way a lender uses the best score?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: im looking to buy a home

Presumably because the middle score is near the average score, whcih is really what they want.  And if you could persuade them to use the top score, they might try and use the bottom one, because that is just as valid.  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What bads are on EX that ain't on the other two?
Message 3 of 11
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

my bads are on transunion a fraud account which i have been disputing for 5 months due to identity theft  still having no luck and in fact just called them and hung up on the lady

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

princeromeo wrote:
my bads are on transunion a fraud account which i have been disputing for 5 months due to identity theft  still having no luck and in fact just called them and hung up on the lady

Fraud account as in it ain't yours?

Message 5 of 11
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

yes its not mine i cant belive this bs! i even sent them numerous lettlers and police reports and transuion is telling me that their verifing it as accurate how the hell is that possiable i never opened the account!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

princeromeo wrote:
yes its not mine i cant belive this bs! i even sent them numerous lettlers and police reports and transuion is telling me that their verifing it as accurate how the hell is that possiable i never opened the account!

Did you dispute online, over the phone, or in writing?
Message 7 of 11
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

i did by phone and mail   on phone they tell me that the lender is verfying it as accurate and they cant do nothing by mail they claim they never recieved by reports
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

princeromeo wrote:
i did by phone and mail   on phone they tell me that the lender is verfying it as accurate and they cant do nothing by mail they claim they never recieved by reports

This is TU, right? That's actually good. They put the full account # on their reports.

Do you have a printed copy of an actual TU report? Either mailed to you or printed from online.

First, try TU Special Handling: 800-860-7289

Tell 'em it's not yours, victim of ID theft and/or fraud, and you have a copy of the police report which you can mail or fax to them if needed.

They should open an dispute or investigation. These folks might be a little stiff or wooden, but they are the more knowledgeable and skilled staff. Give them the facts, and they will generally run with them.

If they do open a dispute or investigation, ask for a reference number or confirmation number associated with it. Might or might not provide it. Wait for that investigation to complete.

If Special Handling won't investigate, or the investigation doesn't remove it, here's your next step.

Dispute by mail. Send your letter CMRRR. Put a reference line at the top of the dispute letter with the CM number, like this:
USPS CERTIFIED MAIL xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Save a copy of your letter, save the CM receipt, save the USPS receipt (it has the CM # on it), and save the RRR green card when it comes back to you.

Keep it simple.

"I pulled my TransUnion credit report, and I discovered this account on my report that is not mine. I believe I am a victim of fraud and possibly identity theft, and I am enclosing a copy of the police report.

Here is the account information, as it appears on my TransUnion report.
<Lender name>
<Lender address>
<Phone number, if provided>
<Full account number>

Please investigate and remove this account from my credit report in accordance with the FCRA."

Wait 45 days for that investigation to complete. If they don't send you an updated copy of your report at the conclusion of the investigation, then they are in violation of the FCRA and you can now sue. Lotta consumer lawyers like these sorta cases and many take them either pro bono or on contingency.

Message 9 of 11
princeromeo
Regular Contributor

thats what i did today i sent them the package certified and will wait about  a month if nothing happens i iwll talk to a lawyer thanks so much for the information
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.