Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this going to hurt my score??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is this going to hurt my score??

Hi everyone

I recently sent a gw letter to First Premiere for a paid charged off acct.   I received two letters in response to that today.

The first one says they report correct informaton..blah blah blah

The second one says they are sending updated info to the 3 CRA's that my account is a Paid Charged off account.   Basically they are updating to say it was paid.  Is this new update going to hurt my score???Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: is this going to hurt my score??

love2golf wrote:
Hi everyone

I recently sent a gw letter to First Premiere for a paid charged off acct.   I received two letters in response to that today.

The first one says they report correct informaton..blah blah blah

The second one says they are sending updated info to the 3 CRA's that my account is a Paid Charged off account.   Basically they are updating to say it was paid.  Is this new update going to hurt my score???Smiley Sad

It depends how it is reporting now. It may have said paid CO already. In this case, you won't see an improvement. Maybe it says "was 90 days past due" or similar, then updating to paid CO would actually improve your score. If it only said "closed" without any negative reference, other than lates, then your score may suffer.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.