Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lending club. 35k at 6.78% pre approved

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

lending club. 35k at 6.78% pre approved

my big thing is paying off cc balances as im at 50%util over all my cards put together. 

ive seen some different stories about lending club. 

i have never used them or sites like them. 

it says i have until aug 29th to apply/respond. 

i have over 12 inq falling completly off on the 30th. 

now my main questions is. what dti do they use? my only problem is my charge card as the payment shows the balance. 

also does lending club accept cosigners? 

i have around 680's scores only due to the fact of high cc balances due to limits. a couple cards are maxed out. 

if i paid off every cc and loan i have its about 20k but 6k is on 0% .

ideas? suggestions? thanks. 

p.s. ill be looking to refi my car next august, no house purchases until all debt is payed off. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: lending club. 35k at 6.78% pre approved

bump

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 2 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Not certain why you wouldn't do it as it sounds like a tremendous APR savings if you can't simply write the check for the debt.

If it were me I'd take out a loan to cover whatever CC debt wasn't at 0% personally.  Should be in good shape by car loan time (or you may want to pull the trigger sooner if you get a big swing in your score from the debt payment), and it just accelerates your path out of debt.  If you take out more than that, I'd pre-pay the LC debt before the 0% credit card but that's just me though.

I don't know on DTI calcs: I lend there and I only hazily check incomes vs. amount - it seems pretty liberal though from the information I see.

        
Message 3 of 21
Involver
Valued Contributor

LC won't offer me more than 2k with an 805 and clean 20 year history with paid installment loans.

Not exactly sure what they're looking for.
Message 4 of 21
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

I lend all the time to people without clean records and lower scores than yours and they often are approved for 10-20k. The derogs we se as lenders is within the past two years so we don't get your full credit profile, but just enough vital information to make an educated decision to lend or not. Although since big banks and institutions started getting involved a few years back, EVERY loan gets filled fast even bad ones I would never touch.

Your DTI in lending club is back ratio'd so your monthly expenses divided by your monthly income is the DTI info we recieve as lenders.

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 5 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@MrCrabs wrote:

I lend all the time to people without clean records and lower scores than yours and they often are approved for 10-20k. The derogs we se as lenders is within the past two years so we don't get your full credit profile, but just enough vital information to make an educated decision to lend or not. Although since big banks and institutions started getting involved a few years back, EVERY loan gets filled fast even bad ones I would never touch.

Your DTI in lending club is back ratio'd so your monthly expenses divided by your monthly income is the DTI info we recieve as lenders.

Heh, you must be playing in a higher tier than I am: I go slumming and on the order of half my loans don't fully fund at times.  

        
Message 6 of 21
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

Really? my state only allows me to use the secondary market, but on the lendingclub forum i frequent, I always hear about people not being able to disperse all of their funds because the orders are getting filled too fast when released. Are you going for higher graded loans or lower grades?

Capital One Platinum | $1,500Discover IT | $1,800Victoria's Secret Angel VIP | $500Citi Secured | $200
Message 7 of 21
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i dont have any dergos/late payments etc. 

my only problem is high util. i still make my payments etc everymonth. 

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 8 of 21
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@creditnocash wrote:

It sounds like a great deal to me ~ what is the term?  24 or 36 months?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 21
MrCrabs
Regular Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

Do you know roughly how much your DTI is? Usually people like to see <30% but if higher, people may ask you questions about it and you can just explain why your DTI is currently so high at the moment and that'll usually be enough to put them at ease about funding your account.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.