Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locking two CRBs so the 3rd one will be pulled

tag
compassion101
Established Contributor

locking two CRBs so the 3rd one will be pulled

How do you lock one of your credit reports so that it can't be pulled? Are you allowed to do it freely or is it reserved for identity theft?

Just wondering the prospects of locking EQ and TU so that only EX is available to be pulled. I have no plans to apply for credit in the near future but this is a business deal where my credit may be checked. I have a collection that appears on TU and EQ but not on EX.

Just wondering if it is a possibility, not sure I'll do it either way. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: locking two CRBs so the 3rd one will be pulled

That practice is very much frowned upon in the forums.  It is a violation of the TOS.

Message 2 of 10
compassion101
Established Contributor

Ah, I didn't know.

TOS of the forum or of the CRBs?

Message 3 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 10
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

What does TOS stand for?

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 5 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Terms of Service

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/myFICO-Forums-Terms-of-Service/m-p/4

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 10
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

That practice is very much frowned upon in the forums.  It is a violation of the TOS.

Now Guiness, good grief.  It's a matter of opinion.   Btw, I had no clue you were a woman, until I seen a post referencing you as "her".   For some reason, I had it in my head that you were a 55 year old man with glasses.   And i'm not being offensive...that's just the image that popped up when I saw your screenname.   Must've been the blue in your name.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Lechte wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

Now Guiness, good grief.  It's a matter of opinion.   Btw, I had no clue you were a woman, until I seen a post referencing you as "her".   For some reason, I had it in my head that you were a 55 year old man with glasses.   And i'm not being offensive...that's just the image that popped up when I saw your screenname.   Must've been the blue in your name.

Not where the forums are concerned.  It is a TOS.

Hahaha, I get that all the time.  Being a man, not so much the descriptive part of it lol.

Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There are two entirely different mechanisms for restiricting access to your CR.

One is the placing of a fraud alert, which is based on potential identity theft.  Fraud alerts are a specific provision of the FCRA.  An initial fraud alert does not require anythng more than suspcision of possible identity theft, and last for 90 days.  To place an extended fraud alert requires submission of a police report alleging an actual identity theft.

That is the type of alert that should not be placed if you have no actual issue of identity theft.

The other is a "freeze," which is not provided for under the FCRA.  It is provided under either CRA policy or state statutes, and the conditions for access are speicifed under the terms of the freeze.  They extend beyond simple identity theft, and thus may not require any issue of identity theft.

Are you referring to a fraud alert of a credit report freeze?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.