cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO EQ info says I have a late payment from two months ago. EQ credit report says I don't.

tag
Watson
Established Member

myFICO EQ info says I have a late payment from two months ago. EQ credit report says I don't.

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. 

Recently, I noticed that myFICO shows I have a late payment from Equifax in the "payment history" section. Pulled my EQ report and sure enough, no missed payments. I know for sure that I do not, either. I'm rebuilding and have been for the last eight months after getting a higher paying job. I'm on top of everything, practicing AZEO, and recently paid off my last charge off that was owed to Capital One. None of my currently open accounts are late.

The only thing this could possibly be is from a charged off account, but myFICO doesn't tell me what account is late, only that there is a late payment. I had two charged off C1 accounts; one I settled back in February and one I paid off just recently on August 10th, but none of these match the timeline of this supposed late payment and neither have been updated with recent lates. They're both reporting the same as they were. 

I called myFICO support, they say call Equifax. I call Equifax, they tell me it's myFICO's fault. Both were incredibly useless in figuring this out. I've been working my tail off to repair everything from years of apathy, and this is kind of a gut punch. I can post images if someone needs, I just don't know if that's allowed here or not. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: myFICO EQ info says I have a late payment from two months ago. EQ credit report says I don't.

It is a CMS quirk, most likely one of your accounts with negative information updated 2 months ago and now the CMS "sees" it as a late payment. 

If your actual reports are correct I wouldn't stress over some user interface quirk

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.