Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO and Experian Plus vs. Lender Pulled scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFICO and Experian Plus vs. Lender Pulled scores

I know a lot of people ask this question, so I thought I would share my experience. I pulled my scores, and just (an hour ago) had the mortgage lender pull my scores as well.

Here is the breakdown:

Transunion - myFICO was 629, the lender score was 612 (Ouch, yes, really.)

Equifax - myFICO was 617, the lender score was 617.

Experian.com (Experian Plus) was 681, the lender score was 667.

So yea, I guess my Experian FAKO was closer to the real score than myFICO.com was... lol Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: myFICO and Experian Plus vs. Lender Pulled scores

@Anonymous wrote:

I know a lot of people ask this question, so I thought I would share my experience. I pulled my scores, and just (an hour ago) had the mortgage lender pull my scores as well.

Here is the breakdown:

So yea, I guess my Experian FAKO was closer to the real score than myFICO.com was... lol Smiley Surprised

As long as you realize that this was a mere coincidence you're fine. Since Plus scores are not used by any lender they mean absolutely nothing.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I know that. But the odd thing is they were pretty close the actual FICO score.

I really wish that myFICO offered the TU04 score since every single bank I talk to uses that number. No one seems to use TU98 whatsoerver.

Message 3 of 5
winstars
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is the breakdown:

So if the EX is useless and the EQ is the same, my question is:

What does TU04 do differently than TU98 to get  the 17 point difference??? I am sure it has been posted before but...

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I understand the TU04 calculates recent transactions differently.

We pulled my wife's myyFICO score and was given 625, and the lender pulled hers and she had 641.We have different accoutns too. Hers did the reverse as mine. The lender score was much higher than myFICO, mine was much lower.

It would be nice if myFICO would offer us the TU04, but since it's been around for 7 years and they're still selling us the 1998 version I don't see that change happening.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.