Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO simulator vs. real world

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFICO simulator vs. real world

So the simulator indicates increase of score as balances are paid down, but actual updates indicate a drop in scores.  Does the simulator REALLY simulate or is it just a "feel good" perk of myFICO web site?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: myFICO simulator vs. real world

@Anonymous wrote:

So the simulator indicates increase of score as balances are paid down, but actual updates indicate a drop in scores.  Does the simulator REALLY simulate or is it just a "feel good" perk of myFICO web site?

The simulator is complete nonsense, unfortunately. It's all just generic guesses. What stinks is that since they have access to the actual scoring algorithms they could probably throw us a bone and show some actual (or at least close) to real world numbers. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 2 of 7
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It isn't just myFICO's simulator, they're all that bad.  From my perspective, the range of options one has for simulations is exceedingly limited and the basis for calculations is pretty screwy as well.  As an example, you can say, "I'll be filing for bankruptcy within six months", however, you cannot say, "My bankruptcy record will drop off my report in six months"; two very different changes, one very negative, the other very positive, but only the negative is available.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 3 of 7
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous I never found any value in them.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 4 of 7
Face_Value
New Contributor

I have found it to be somewhat predictive for me. But I have a thin file. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You're interpreting the alerts incorrectly if you have a subscription from here..  The simulator would be somewhat accurate in your scenario as long as you didn't pay all of your cards to 0.  Something additional happened that dropped your score however you were not alerted to it until a balance change(an alertable event).  This does not mean that the point loss was associated with the balance decrease.   

Message 6 of 7
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I've always found them to be pretty accurate. I will say that the actual changes to your report on Myfico trail the score changes... it can be frustrating. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.