Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFico on Facebook

tag
Cageym
Established Contributor

myFico on Facebook

I didn't know this until just now but there is a Facebook page for myFico, and there are even posts titled "From the myFico forums" that have some of the questions I've seen here posted. https://www.facebook.com/#!/myFICO?fref=ts

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

Re: myFico on Facebook

Ouch. I had NO idea.

Message 2 of 6
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Uncool.  I guess myFICO is indexed by Google so they're cherry-picking posts and pushing them to FB.  It just puts your personal life that much closer to acquaintances. Hope your myFICO name is non-descript.  There should be an option "opt out of FB" such than when checked excludes the post from FB.

Message 3 of 6
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

@jake619 wrote:

Uncool.  I guess myFICO is indexed by Google so they're cherry-picking posts and pushing them to FB.  It just puts your personal life that much closer to acquaintances. Hope your myFICO name is non-descript.  There should be an option "opt out of FB" such than when checked excludes the post from FB.

I couldn't agree more. That just scares the crap out of me.

Message 4 of 6
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Called myFICO about this today - spoke with a Supervisor.  Basically told me to suck it up and there was no reason they couldn't include threads here on their FB page.  I only questioned the selection process they use for inclusion - no answer.  In the end he told me the Marketing team is in charge of this decision and that he would be sending a note to sombody regarding the concerns I raised.  He didn't understand the ethical boundary that was being tested either.

I think I got just about nowhere with him.  That's 20 minutes I won't get back...

Message 5 of 6
Cageym
Established Contributor

When I posted this it wasn't to get everyone worried about what is posted on the internet, it was to give out another source to access this information from. This isn't a secure forum, you don't even need to signup to browse the topics so there really isn't any expectation of privacy. The only way to find the myFico FB page is to actually look for it, like I did. It isn't something that just pops up on the sidebar. So basically you need to find it just like you found this forum, by looking for it. I haven't seen anyone here use their real name anyway.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.