Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need help in raising my score ?

Thank you so much !!

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much guys i really appreciate your input. 

what i will do is i will start paying off my credit cards down is much as i can to below 30% by june. then in july i will pull my credit report and go from there.    

Message 12 of 15
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hello there i am 38 years old and i need help in raising my credit score. my fico score through credit karma transunion 563, equifax 594

exp 543. i have 2 credit cards american express and capital one. i also have a car loan with bridgecrest and i also have a loan with onemain and another loan with acceptance now.

american express is max out at $3000

capital one credit limt is 1500 and i am at 1490

car loan will be paid off in august 2020

acceptance now loan will be paid off in august 2020

onemain should be paid of in nov of 2022.

now that i am making more money i am ready to start paying down the credit cards maybe send them 500 to 800 a month untill its paid off. i am trying to see in what way should go to raise my score asap. my goal is to start looking into buying my first home next year. plase help. thank you.

Also if you plan on buying a home? ..Do not apply for any credit 1 year prior to applying for a mortgage.

Also you will want to pay your debt down as close to zero as possible.

Good Luck!

In addition to all the prior Great advice....

Definitely keep the highlighted part foremost in your mind. You do not want any New Inquiries, Credit, Loans, in the prior 12 months before applying for a mortgage.  Soft pull CLIs are ok but you must make sure they are Soft Pulls.

Message 13 of 15
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

I will add one more thing because I did not see it addressed. Besides the high utilization on your cards, do you have any derogatories / negatives? I'm talking late payments, charge offs, collections, etc...

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i have 2 charge off and 3 late car payments. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.