Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negative credit reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

negative credit reporting

I have two adverse reports scheduled to be deleted April 2011, however, one of the reports has been "sold" or otherwise sent to another collection company.  This company has decided to change my deletion date from April 2011 to May 2011 and they refuse to change it back, despite the fact that I have the original Experian Credit Report showing that the  deletion should be April 2011.  I realise it is only off by a month but  I have "served my time" with delinquent reports and collection agencies.  Experian refuses to correct the date and told me to contact the collection agency. The individual with the latest collection company was, as are all of them, offensive and rude and refused to change May 2011 back to April 2011.

Some of the errors on these credit reports, i.e. dates, names and occupation are unbelievable.  What kind of education do employees of these credit reporting agencies have?  Did they ever go to school?

Perhaps Obama would have been better served if he had controlled the credit reporting companies rather than the banks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: negative credit reporting

Deletion is determined  by the CRA, and not the CA.  CAs dont report "deletion dates."

The date that the CRA must use is the DOFD that is of record in your credit file.  Transfer or selling of the debt by one CA to another only updates the reporting date of the collection, and not the DOFD, and thus deletion date.

Primary responsibility for recordation of the DOFD rests with the OC.  If they previously posted as an OC, when they charged off the account or placed it into collection, they were required under FCRA 623(a)(5)(A) to have provided the DOFD to the CRA within 90-days.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.