cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notice on experian report ( i'm worried)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

notice on experian report ( i'm worried)

hi

i just checked my experian report and i found a notice over there saying

"

The Social Security number that you gave us
when you contacted us shows that credit was
established before the number was issued. 
"

when i click on this notice it further says that they compared my SSN date to some of my accounts opened date and some accounts were opened before i were issued SSN.

i think this is becuase i came to USA 2008 and i got my SSN right after coming here and then in 2009 my father in law added me to his two american express accounts which he got in 2004.

is that notice is becuase of this ?

or this is something to worry about ?

and does it have any negatives to stay on credit report ?

and can i call them to remove this or should i ask my father in law to remove me from his two accounts ?

please help.

regards.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

Re: notice on experian report ( i'm worried)

Yes, it is because you were added as a user on his card.  My boyfriend has the same thing on his report and it's because his dad added him to his AMEX card as an authorized user.

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You dont need an SSN to open accounts, or for the credtior to report to your credit file.

The CRAs like to have an SSN because it is a unique peronal identifier that alows them to more accurately match credit reporting to your credit file.

But it is not necessary.

Since you have no accounts inaccurately reported to your CR at this time, it is not an issue that I would be concerned about.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your reply ...

its not a problem right ?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for your reply ...

its not a problem right ?

It should not be a problem.  At worst, you might find a new creditor asking for a copy of your Social Security card and other forms of ID.

As previously explained, the reason this appears on your credit file is that the acutal AmEx account you are an authorized user on was opened in 2004 (before your SSN was issued) although you were only actually added to the account in 2009 (after your SSN was issued).

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No, I dont think it is a problem, and here is why.

The only problem that might have existed was incorrect reporting by others to your credit file before you had your SSN.  When they dont have your SSN, which is unique identifier, it may have resutled in extraneous information being reported to your credit file.

But since no improper or unauthorized reporting has appeared in your CR to date, and since you have now reported your SSN to the CRAs, they will now use that unique SSN  as their primary means of matching any future credtit reporting to your credit file.

You did the right thing by providing the CRAs with the personal identifier, your SSN, that they primarily rely on for matching credit reporting to your credit file.

If anything, I think the notice they posted to you in your CR is good, and not negative at all.  It just alerted you to look at postings made to your CR before they had your SSN.  It brought you onto this site to ask your questions. 

You are OK, from all you have said!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for all of you for the help...

just one more little question .. if i ask my father in law to remove me as an authroized user from both of his amx cards, what would happen to the notice then ? would it be still there or it will be removed ?

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I dont think the CRA would remotely see the connection between your deletion as an AU, and the comment they previously posted.

And I dont think it matters one hoot!

That comment is NOT affecting your credit score.   It is just a comment.

But deletion of your AU status will hurt your credit score.

Just leave it alone.  It is not a problem

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.