Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# of credit accounts- paid as agreed seen as a negative

tag
rew
Established Member

# of credit accounts- paid as agreed seen as a negative

On my Transunion report it states that i have 23 accounts as currently paid as agreed and they consider this a negative. 15 of these accounts were paid as agreed but are closed.  Why is this a negative and negatively affects my score? Some are old vehicles that i no longer own or credit cards that i got rid of.  Is there anything I can do about this?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: # of credit accounts- paid as agreed seen as a negative

I have the same red flag on my FICO TU report and I only have 12 accounts. Your score must be quite high? I have no idea why we have this negative message, its seems, well, pretty stupid. I have never been able to find an answer to this either.
Message 2 of 4
rew
Established Member

If I send a dispute letter to the cra's and notify them that those accounts are paid in full and closed, will that make a difference?  Could it possibly negatively affect my scores?
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

rew wrote:
If I send a dispute letter to the cra's and notify them that those accounts are paid in full and closed, will that make a difference?  Could it possibly negatively affect my scores?

You may run into a situation where the creditor may opt to delete the closed TL rather than to make changes. I wouldn't do it.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.