Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on my cr but cant dispute it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

on my cr but cant dispute it

I have an item that is showing up on 2 of my cr but when I try to dispute the item on the fico website they do not show up!!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: on my cr but cant dispute it

What is the item of information that you wish to dispute, and does it show in a report from annualcreditreport.com?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is dr. bill. I have not checked my annualcreditreport.com. I have just been keeping up with my score from the fico web page.

Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Welcome @Anonymous . Its always best to dispute by mail certified return receipt so you have a paper trail in case further action is needed. I've used fax at work because I have the fax confirmation page as proof. Actually it was faster than snail mail. Could you elaborate a bit more. What and who are you disputing? Then we can help you out more.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a 1,900.00 dr. bill that was should have been paid by my insurance but wasn't. Once I realized this it had already been sent to the credit bureaus and reported as a collection. It has since been paid by insurance but is still showing up on my credit report with my fico website but when I checked at myannualreport it is not on that.

Message 5 of 9
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is a 1,900.00 dr. bill that was should have been paid by my insurance but wasn't. Once I realized this it had already been sent to the credit bureaus and reported as a collection. It has since been paid by insurance but is still showing up on my credit report with my fico website but when I checked at myannualreport it is not on that.

I hope you mean that you checked on www.annualcreditreport.com? (There are a lot of similiarly-named scam sites, be careful.)

If so, and it is gone from there, then it is truly gone from your reports.

The reports on MyFICO don't update "live", only when a new report is pulled (either a paid one-off, or part of a monthly or quarterly subscription).

If you haven't pulled a new report, then it will still be showing the same data as the day that you did pull it, including since-deleted accounts.

Also, removal of an account is not an alerting trigger for the subscription service, so you wouldn't see a score update from the change, until another report change that is alertable occurs.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I pulled it from annualcreditreport and it was not on any of the reports from that website.

Thank You for all your help.

Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

New CRA policy, as agreed to in a recent settlement agreement between the big-3 CRAs and the offices of the AG of several states, and also incorporated into their National Consumer Assistance Plan, is that if a medical collection is shown to have been paid via insurance, the CRA willl remove from the consumer's credit report.

Submit proof to the CRA that the debt was paid via medical insurance, and it will be removed without any need to dispute.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.