cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number that will get a live person at equifax?

tag
mamabear
New Contributor

phone number that will get a live person at equifax?

Every time I call Equifax, all I get is a recording with no option of speaking to a real live person.  Does anyone know a number that will get a real person?  Also, if I ask the status of my disputes will they tell me?  What info will I need when I call? 
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: phone number that will get a live person at equifax?

I tried the "you will get a real person line" and all I got was directions to their web site.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if I ever spoke with anyone at Equifax, but sometimes if you just keep hitting zero, you'll get transferred to a customer service rep.  I have no experience with Exquifax, but I have tried this with other companies and it works..good luck and let us know. I'd like to talk with someone there too.Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you have your report number it is a piece of cake. Phone: (888) 873-5455 M - F 9:00am to 5:00pm in your time zone.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want the phone for Equifax Customer Service

Message 6 of 21
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

888-202-4025 worked for me. It says it's a business line but it has option for personal. That's where I called on Wednesday.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used this number many many times and was able to get to a live person every time without having a report #

1-866-640-2273

I used this # just about everyday when I was waiting for my AmEx AU acct. to show up on my EQ report, I'd call and ask an EQ Rep to tell me if an AmEx acct had been listed yet, they would ask some personal info to verify my identity and would pull up my report and would answer any questions I had.

Best of Luck!!

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried repetitively to obtain a phone number for Equifax and all I get is an email address.  I need to speak to a live person who can assist me with a difficult credit issue.

Message 9 of 21
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Try the number in message 7
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.