Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Account information disputed by consumer"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Account information disputed by consumer"

It says "Account information disputed by consumer" on my credit report when I have not disputed anything. This was a card I was an AU for and the 'owner' of this card passed away. What does this message mean? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Account information disputed by consumer"

Bump

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The cardholder disputed the account at some point if its showing closed with 0 balance (in good standing) I would just leave it alone.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

The cardholder disputed the account at some point if its showing closed with 0 balance (in good standing) I would just leave it alone.

The cardholder didn't dispute it though. (Unless you meant disputed a transaction on the card, but I don't think that's what it means.) And won't it ruin my AAoA as those are my longest standing cards? Also, I've been using the card still as it reported a balance last month. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to not use the card anymore. You are aware that the account holder has died. Eventually, the credit card company will become aware of that as well. While you may not be liable for the charges before the death, you can be for charges afterward. It is possible the estate of the deceased issued the dispute because of charges that have happened after the death.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.