Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Account was in dispute" comment on credit report

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

"Account was in dispute" comment on credit report

I initially thought that the below comment that is on my report was regarding a dispute that was filed with the credit bureau. I never filed one for this account. So, I was confused. I did file an actual dispute about a charge with Discover, though. A very small charge. I read that these remarks affect your score. Is that true? Why would the cc company even report this? It seems like it would discourage people from submitting real disputes, which isn't fair...And, the dispute isn't even resolved. I'm going to contact them to confirm that's what it's about and see if they'll remove it. 

Account was in dispute-now resolved-reported by subscriber
Account previously in dispute — now resolved, reported by data furnisher (To be used for FCRA or FCBA disputes)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: "Account was in dispute" comment on credit report

It's not meant to discourage anyone from disputing inaccurate information. 

You had a direct dispute, and lender is reporting that you contested some of the data present, which is accurate. 

Annotation is there to show your request for correction didnt end up ignored.

Those remarks have no impact on scoring. 

Message 2 of 5
cr101
Established Contributor

The good folks at Discover told me that they have to report it. Ended up talking to 2 reps and they both told me that I could have it removed. They sent the request to the bureaus. They're so easy to deal with!

ETA: Checked my report around 3 am and it's already removed.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you're able to get it resolved, OP!

Message 4 of 5
donkort
Valued Contributor

Me too!

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.