cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Auto enhanced" score low, don't understand!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Auto enhanced" score low, don't understand!!

I recently had every late deleted from on Equifax from my Capital One Auto account, and it now shows a perfect payment record for more than 30 months. Along with that, I have a closed account from HSBC auto that shows a two year perfect history. In addition, I now have a three-year perfect payment record with Countrywide Home Loans.

So how in the world did I not score above a 500 FICO using an "auto enhanced" system?

I'm totally confused. Any suggestions or feedback?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Auto enhanced" score low, don't understand!!

I know how you feel. We went for an auto loan & was told that my score was higher then hubby's. This was before I pulled CR. It made no sense at all
I had 5 CO and 3 CA along with a foreclosure.
He had no derog of any kind and his income was double mine.
He did have hi util on his CC though.

I believe that they do debt to ratio along with scores. But I can't figure it out.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-21-2007 02:27 PM
Message 2 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Did you specifically ask the dealer\lender if they are using auto enhanced? They may not be.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are asking me Tuscani, Yes   I went back last week and talked to the man and asked.
Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

My question was directed to OP.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tuscani wrote:
My question was directed to OP.

Yes, Tuscani... it was Roadloans and they said they were using a auto enhanced system. I have no idea why my score wasn't higher, auto enhanced or not. My Experian FICO is 542 and my TransUnion FICO is 585.

I'm clueless, because the info on my Equifax is actually BETTER and more positive than the other two bureaus.
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm.. Not sure. Your auto score should have been higher. Without actually seeing your reports, I can only assume they didn't actually use auto enhanced... actually, it is called "Beacon 5.0 Auto Industry Option".
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.