Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"G" in payment history on CSC report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"G" in payment history on CSC report

Good Afternoon,

I did a search, but couldn't bring anything up on this.  I disputed an incorrect payment history on my reports.  The error was corrected on Experian and TransUnion.  My CSC credit report now shows a "G" in the payment history boxes for the months that were previously showing late payments.  Anyone know what the G means?  I don't know if I need to re-dispute to CSC or not.

Thank you in advance,

Christian

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: "G" in payment history on CSC report

According to what I can find if this the metro 2 format G means collection. Here is the link

http://www.mercurydelivers.com/Metro2/Metro%202%2020041.pdf

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 4
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

According to what I can find if this the metro 2 format G means collection. Here is the link

http://www.mercurydelivers.com/Metro2/Metro%202%2020041.pdf

Very helpful info!!

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The previous poster is correct.  Under Payment History Profile (field  18), Metro 2 reporting code G for that field is defined as "Account in collection that month."

If your Payment History Profile was formerly showing a level of delinquency for that month, and is now showing under collection, that is not necessarily incorrect.  If it was both delinquent and under collection, they are not precluded from updating to the more appropriate status.  Was the account assigned to a debt collector prior to that month, regardless of whether a debt collector had actually reported a collection to the CRA?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.