Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"What's Hurting Your Score" Reasons

tag
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

"What's Hurting Your Score" Reasons

I was playing around with the FICO app and noticed that Equifax wasn't showing any indicators for "what's hurting." I have a clean profile so I thought it might be fun to see how the bureaus gauge different things.

Screenshot_20200211-052811_myFICO.jpg

Equifax: No "what's hurting" section

Screenshot_20200211-052821_myFICO.jpg

Transunion: Consumer finance accounts, short revolving history, accounts with balances, loan balances

Screenshot_20200211-052831_myFICO.jpg

Experian : Short account history, Short revolving history, Loan balances, High credit usage 

Based on this,  it would appear that TU sees CFA as a negative and the other two don't. I also have 4-5 cards carrying balances <$100 and an amex revolver that is ~20%. Transunion specifically calls out "accounts with balances " as a negative indicator. Interestingly,  that 19 point increase alert is from a Citi card reporting a $0 balance from $65.

High credit usage called out on Experian but its unclear to me what that means. I'm assuming it is the same as accounts with balances.

I'll play around with balances this month to see how those change. Is the order they're listed in ranked?

As for account histories, here are my DP.

Overall Utilization: $3408/$112600 3%

Open Loans:  1 Auto - $7226/$30000 24%

AoOA - 16 years 0 months

AAoA- 7 years, 8 months

AoMR- 1 year, 5 months (my new Delta Reserve is not reporting yet)

INQ - 0 (Delta Reserve SP approval)

All 3 CB are reporting same revolving: 29 total, 19 bank issued

TU, EX reporting 8 installment loans,  EQ is reporting 10

0 late, 0 delinquent 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: "What's Hurting Your Score" Reasons

For me personally I noticed my EQ lags a month sometimes two months behind the others but it is odd it doesn't state a reason/reasons

Message 2 of 7
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Yeah I had never noticed before.  It's probably just a glitch in the matrix.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@seattletravels wrote:

I was playing around with the FICO app and noticed that Equifax wasn't showing any indicators for "what's hurting." I have a clean profile so I thought it might be fun to see how the bureaus gauge different things.

Screenshot_20200211-052811_myFICO.jpg

Equifax: No "what's hurting" section

Screenshot_20200211-052821_myFICO.jpg

Transunion: Consumer finance accounts, short revolving history, accounts with balances, loan balances

Screenshot_20200211-052831_myFICO.jpg

Experian : Short account history, Short revolving history, Loan balances, High credit usage 

Based on this,  it would appear that TU sees CFA as a negative and the other two don't. I also have 4-5 cards carrying balances <$100 and an amex revolver that is ~20%. Transunion specifically calls out "accounts with balances " as a negative indicator. Interestingly,  that 19 point increase alert is from a Citi card reporting a $0 balance from $65.

High credit usage called out on Experian but its unclear to me what that means. I'm assuming it is the same as accounts with balances.

I'll play around with balances this month to see how those change. Is the order they're listed in ranked?

As for account histories, here are my DP.

Overall Utilization: $3408/$112600 3%

Open Loans:  1 Auto - $7226/$30000 24%

AoOA - 16 years 0 months

AAoA- 7 years, 8 months

AoMR- 1 year, 5 months (my new Delta Reserve is not reporting yet)

INQ - 0 (Delta Reserve SP approval)

All 3 CB are reporting same revolving: 29 total, 19 bank issued

TU, EX reporting 8 installment loans,  EQ is reporting 10

0 late, 0 delinquent 

Interesting. What's the CFA that TU is squawking about?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 7
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

In between my mortgage payoff and auto loan a few years ago, I did a lending club not knowing any better.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does lending club report on all three?

Negative reason codes for version 8 are terrible and once you get so high they don’t give you any.
Message 6 of 7
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does lending club report on all three?

Negative reason codes for version 8 are terrible and once you get so high they don’t give you any.

Yep. It's on all 3. I dont think it's really much of an issue.  Just interesting to see the difference the 3 call out as negative once you get all three in 800s. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.