Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rent reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

rent reporting

Ive read thats theres a   FREE rent app, or service, that allows to report the rent payments

IS there a free one? I  couldnt find it

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Re: rent reporting

I have only seen ones that cost money.

Experian is offering one through their app, but it is not free.

Let me know if you find a free one! 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has Reporting Rent Increased your score?

Has reporting rent to Fico9 increased your scores? I need aquick boost for my next rental and heard of rent reporting for an increase in score and to show positive history, if you tried this what was your results?

Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Has Reporting Rent Increased your score?

By Fico9 do you mean one of the credit bureaus? Fico9 is not a credit bureau. 

The question would be whether this is reporting to your main credit reports, or to your "rental credit report" - which is a separate thing - and whether it would affect your credit score.

There is a separate division that tracks rental history and generates a report that includes not only your regular credit report information but also information submitted about your rental history. The rental history report has no impact on your FICO score. Unless your landlord agreed to report to one of the big three bureaus, good rental history it is not helping your FICO score. Usually anything related to rent would derogatory at which point it may hit big three and then FICO would be impacted. 

Message 4 of 8
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: rent reporting

Try this website. I only took a very brief look at it. I hope that this helps, unsure of free or if there are fees.

https://helpdocs.cozy.co/article/274-how-does-rent-reporting-work

Message 5 of 8
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Reporting Rent To Experian

I have been reading about this topic but have not found the answer that I am looking for. So I am specifically asking feedback from a member that has had their rent reported to Experian for at least the last few months or longer. If you have, what changes in the FICO score have you noticed? And how is it reporting as a trade line (installment, etc.) ? Which website do you use? 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reporting Rent To Experian

I love using Rental Kharma, it's $4.95/mo and reports to TU. I picked them over other reporters because they allow you to pay your rent via cash and just have your landlord confirm you paid via an automated monthly email. 

VylCP9a.jpg

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reporting Rent To Experian

LIzzo- Where is this showing up on your credit report? In the Accounts? Also, what kind of boost did you see when you added the rental history?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.