cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

request for charge back on card affects credit score ?

tag
allaboutcredit
Valued Member

request for charge back on card affects credit score ?

Hi All

Recently, I ordered a "tinnitus product" over the phone. Later, when I tried to call to cancel, they did not have any record of it.

Again, when I called after a few hours, it was already ready for shipment. Now, I got the product and it seems more of a con game to me -

preying upon distressed people. Also, I was told that I would get coupons to buy at a discounted rate for further five months supply but

there was nothing of that sort. Lastly, it carries a money back guarantee.

Okay, coming to the main topic here - what happens if I initiate a charge back on my credit card. I am not going to do it right now but just

want to know my options as this could be my first charge back claim. Would it go against my credit score or is it my right if I don't get the

promised product ?

I guess somebody must have initiated a chargeback sometime ?!

thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: request for charge back on card affects credit score ?

I would dispute the charge with  the credit card company.  Explain why you are disputin it and see what they want you to do. No the chage back will not hurt your score.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry.  I'm lost.  Can you simply return it for a full refund?

Message 3 of 5
allaboutcredit
Valued Member

They have charged $ 9.99 shipping charge while it has been mailed by usps for $ 1.40 and deduct 15% of the cost of thing. I was not told about it, I will talk to them today and ask for a full refund. I am so annoyed at this con game.

Message 4 of 5
allaboutcredit
Valued Member

Alright, I returned the product and now they say the revert will reflect in 1 to 2 billing statement. As far as I know, it takes just a week to reflect the revert back in my credit card account.

Is it a ploy to delay so that I cannot initiate a charge back ? I both called and wrote to CapitalOne asking them about the "time limit" within which I can initiate a charge back. They just give a reply that I can do so but don't specify the time limit. I'd like to wait till the last week of the time limit before I initiate

a charge back. Does anybody know how long i.e. time limit to do charge back for CapOne cards ?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.