Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rescore with 1 large CA deleted?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

rescore with 1 large CA deleted?

Ok, now before I get a lot of response that every person may experience different results based on the overall credit profile… I do understand that.. So please I dont respond with that.

I KNOW.

I am loooking for responses from someone that may have had a similar profile to me....and so looking for them to reply…

So....

My lender just submitted for a rapid rescore.

I am just 9 points short on my middle score with Equifax to buy a home

I have just 3 negatives left... everything else is a zero balance, paid as agreed. Last late payment was at least 6 years old.

So... whats left...

1 charge off (with OC) 4 years old  $2000

1 collection 4 years old $200

1 collection 2.5 years old  $2200

I have a deletion letter (they were reporting wrong data and could not back up my 623 dispute) from the last place for $2200 that my lender sent in for rescore. This will leave me with one charge off and one collection.

Has anyone had a similar profile…. and if so, did your score go up and if so, how much...

****YES....I know I will know soon but they said it could take a few days and this is helping me keep my mind busy****

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: rescore with 1 large CA deleted?

I got 15 points when I got my most recent collection deleted.

Zero points when I got 3 deleted that were in the middle of the messes.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

...1 charge off (with OC) 4 years old  $2000

1 collection 4 years old $200

1 collection 2.5 years old  $2200

I have a deletion letter (they were reporting wrong data and could not back up my 623 dispute) from the last place for $2200 that my lender sent in for rescore. This will leave me with one charge off and one collection.

Has anyone had a similar profile…. and if so, did your score go up and if so, how much...

You're stuck in the serious derogative negative score bucket as long as you still have a collection and/or charge off reporting, but since this is the more recent negative, I'm guessing that it would help you to get it off, because then it will be 4 years instead of 2.5 since your last negative, and "recency" is a big part of scoring with negatives.

Can't do much more than guess --10 points? 15? --as to score change, other than to say that when the LAST one comes off, if you have no other negatives, you'll probably see 75 points. It's that dramatic. For now it's incremental, but again, it should help that it's the recent one.

Sorry I couldn't give you anything from personal experience, but good luck!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response... That is hopeful. I only need 9....  So I am so praying. ......

I looked again to check the dates...

This one lists the DOFD as 4-09.

The other 2 are 1/08 (sooner than I thought) and 3/06.

And like you, I have had a few others in the middle show no change...

I know the item is now gone as of this am so now just waiting to hear from lender.....

I will post when I get a response for anyone else in a similar boat...

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback. My lender guesstimated at about 12 points. I just need 9 so I am hoping...

I still plan to get these last 2 items removed. Right now just working to get that last 9 points so I can finally buy a house and stop renting..

I have come along way. I was about 480 middle this time last year. I am now 631 middle.....  605 low and 641 high. So I am pleased with this for now.

Message 5 of 18
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Waiting is the worst.  I hope you get your 9 points!  

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you explain what you mean by "buckets?"

I have a derogatory (collection from Feb. 2010 that is now paid) that is reporting to just one credit bureau. The diff. between my scores is vast because it's only on one report and not the other. I'm trying to get that collection off, but if I don't, is there a ceiling on how high my score with the collection on it can go? Is that what you mean by "buckets?"

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update. This did not give me even one point in my score...Very

Message 8 of 18
Booner72
Senior Contributor

....very ???  --- BUMMER.  What now?

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

meant to type very frustrated... hit enter by mistake.

I am going to try to settle capital one for less than owed . Hoping they will agree to mark my account as PIF. Will get in writing first of course.
This would pretty much guarantee my score would be high enough.

I did that with another OC and it shot me up about 20 points. My lenders estimator said it would give me about 36 points....

so, I am calling them tomrrow with a 40% offer..... .. I will post my results....

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.