Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score increase of 41 points

tag
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

score increase of 41 points

i have been working on improving my scores for sometime now and i had a student loan that was on my report as being 120 days past due so i called talked to a very nice lady, kind of reminded me of my grandmother, she was completely understand and they removed everything.  Funny part it was for a huge $0.92 yes they forgot to bill me for the last .92 and reported it as 120 days past due.  So that took my pitful score of 500 up to 541. i just was approved for a military clothing store credit card which has a lifetime interest rate of 0% so im hoping having this and paying my car payment and students loans on time and early and making more than one payment a month on them will help improve my score also.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: score increase of 41 points

Good job.
Just keep plugging at it.
Message 2 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Keep up the good work!
Message 3 of 8
CaptainConcorde
New Contributor

Great work.  I've found talking nice to people (creditors) helps.  Odds are they've had issues in the past too and considering they probably get yelled at 10x a day someone being nice to them is a treat.  People will respond and help you more (like removing your bad record).

ErikArizona  Smiley Happy
In My Wallet:

Total Credit Lines: $11,100 - Utilization: 8%

Mortgage and Car Loan:

Rebuild Started March 2024
March 2024 FICO 8:

April 2024 FICO 8:

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the 41 points. That path will definitely help your score. Good going. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ErikArizona wrote:
Great work.  I've found talking nice to people (creditors) helps.  Odds are they've had issues in the past too and considering they probably get yelled at 10x a day someone being nice to them is a treat.  People will respond and help you more (like removing your bad record).

I aggree 100%.  With our hobby (is this a hobby?) being polite is big plus.  You get a much better response. 

Although I do find myself screaming obscenities & physical threats at the automated answering services sometimes....Smiley Mad

Live Long and Prosper,
ctRob

Message Edited by ctrob on 06-24-2007 08:03 AM
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ctrob wrote:

ErikArizona wrote:

I aggree 100%.  With our hobby (is this a hobby?) being polite is big plus.  You get a much better response. 

Although I do find myself screaming obscenities & physical threats at the automated answering services sometimes....Smiley Mad

Live Long and Prosper,
ctRob

Message Edited by ctrob on 06-24-2007 08:03 AM

lmaoSmiley Very Happy but BE CAREFUL... i must say i got my butt busted one time as i was cussing the "automated answering service"......i had called my insurance co about a claim, and every button i pushed connected me to yet another robot talking, so i lost my cool, said some ugly things not knowing that they could hear me, and when i did finally get a live person, the first thing she said to me was..."So, i understand you think I need to kiss your a** and afterwards I should go to he**"  

OOPPPPPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Message Edited by flygirl on 06-24-2007 10:24 AM
Message 7 of 8
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Haha that must have been odd

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.