Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score watch alert...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

score watch alert...

Just got a score watch alert because of an inquiry, and my score went up 35 points. lol..  I guess getting an inquiry when your scores are in the gutter helps! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: score watch alert...

All I can say is Wow! It's not often you hear of a score increase from inquiry's.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im very happy about it, my scores are crazy low, but EQ score was much worse than the others.  I only have 2 baddies (collections), im hoping to get rid of them with stimulus ( next month, in mail =/  ).  If an inquiry gives me 35 points i cant wait to see what getting my collections to $0, or deleted will do!  =)
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my scores were major low (like where yours are, or slightly higher), I swear, every month of positive reporting drove my score higher and higher. 

Sure is a nice feeling, isn't it!?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, definitely try the PFD route if you are able. That will be the best for your scores.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah thanks to this site ive been GW/PFD/DV and disputing everything!  I never really cared about my credit, but now I do.. for some reason.  Its certainly fun to work at, and watch your numbers rise.  I dont need a house or car or anything right now, but in the future I will, and it will be sweet to not be worrying about my credit!
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

fender wrote:
Just got a score watch alert because of an inquiry, and my score went up 35 points. lol..  I guess getting an inquiry when your scores are in the gutter helps! Smiley Happy

The inquiry didn't give you 35 points.

Something else happened on your CR like improved utilization or a deletion of a baddie that caused the score to increase. I would monitor or look at EQ to see what happened.

SW doesn't catch everything. A couple months ago I got a SW alert that balances increased on 3 CC accounts. Score up about 20 points. The CC balances didn't increase the score but it was something else (it seems like it was a baddie deletion, but without notes I can't remember).

Message Edited by llecs on 05-03-2008 10:40 AM
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm... Kinda makes me want to get my second free report... but i dont want to use it so soon Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.