Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seasoned trades

tag
dd1980
Established Member

seasoned trades

I have been looking at there website and they do not have a price.  Does anyone know what they charge and how effective they are?  I need help but I do not want to waste money on services that do not deliver. 
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: seasoned trades

Stay Away. Find a friend or relative to add you as an auth user on one (or several) of their cards.

Remember...

In addition to the possibilities of ID theft, what happens if the person who let others be added to their card as AU just decided to close the card or the creditor closed it for them for whatever reason? What if the person who's account it was just decided to go out and max the card out one day, and/or decided to just stop paying?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like a scam to me...
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not a scam, apparently (for the customers, at any rate). There is an article about it on bankrate which was linked to on another thread. People really do it and it really works. It looks to me, though, like it amounts to defrauding credit grantors. I mean, you are supposedly an authorized user, but you aren't able to charge on the card? So how are you an authorized user? You take money to put your information on someone's credit file that has nothing to do with them? So they can get loans more easily?
Message 4 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

MikeToreno wrote:
It is not a scam, apparently (for the customers, at any rate). There is an article about it on bankrate which was linked to on another thread. People really do it and it really works. It looks to me, though, like it amounts to defrauding credit grantors. I mean, you are supposedly an authorized user, but you aren't able to charge on the card? So how are you an authorized user? You take money to put your information on someone's credit file that has nothing to do with them? So they can get loans more easily?

Of course it works. But are the risks worth it? Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't attach my name to any credit obligation unless it was someone I trusted.  My aunt recently bought a new car and they told her she had the absolute best credit score one could get.  She had no clue what that would be so I told her it was at or around 850.  She didn't have a clue about credit scores.  She does have a long standing credit card that I'm going to try to get her to add me to as an AU simply for the length of history.  I have the positive payment history already, it's just not very long.  However, I know she never misses a payment and has only missed one payment in her 56 years of life - she forgot the envelope in her car for two weeks thinking all along that she'd mailed it. 

If you do this, only do it with someone you trust implicitly based on your knowledge of them and their debt history, not some unknown person selling it on the internet.  You could end up in worse shape than when you started your credit repair.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.