Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secured credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

secured credit cards

When you apply for a secured card, is a "hard" or "soft" pull done? Does anyone know of a good secured credit card to help rebuild credit history (that reports to the credit bureaus) and the amounts you can get them in? Does it matter on the credit report if it shows up as a "secured" card vs. unsecured?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

secured credit cards...

A secured card is the best way to rebuild credit. Orchard Bank does a good one. Shop around on the internet, and be sure that the company reports to all three credit bureaus monthly (they will advertise this if they do). It does NOT show up on your report as secured. Within 3 or four months of having my secured visa the unsecured card offers began flying in, and my first unsecured card was sent to me with a 2,000.00 credit limit, woohoo! Good luck and get that card!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll generally get a hard inquiry for any credit applic...

You'll generally get a hard inquiry for any credit application, secured or not. It's better that the card doesn't report as secured in terms of any creditor reviewing your report. However, for the sake of the score it's largely irrelevant.

What secured card to get largely depends on your situtation. BOA and Citi for instance both offer secured cards; however, they won't approve you even for them if you have a very negative report.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.