cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending a DV letter. what info needs to be on it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

sending a DV letter. what info needs to be on it?

Do I need to put my SS # ??  all I have is incomplete account # from CR.

Also I have 1 CA that is listed 2 times. same address but 1 is palisades & 2nd is palisades collection L.......do I send 2 DV to same address or should I just send 1 with both names on it??

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-12-2007 08:21 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: sending a DV letter. what info needs to be on it?

@Anonymous wrote:
Do I need to put my SS # ?? all I have is incomplete account # from CR.

Don't give out any additional information! Your name and partial account number should be sufficient. If you want, you can also refer to the balance and original creditor's name (info that is already listed in that tradeline). It is the CA's burden to prove they legally own the debt - don't make their job easier.

I would send a separate DV to each CA, exactly as each is listed on the credit report.

Message Edited by Revike on 07-12-2007 08:25 PM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. This is 1 CA  but listed 2 times. The name is almost the same but 1 address. I have no idea what they are collecting for so they will have to dig for them self. I really didn't want to use my SS#
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you very much. This is 1 CA but listed 2 times. The name is almost the same but 1 address. I have no idea what they are collecting for so they will have to dig for them self. I really didn't want to use my SS#

It might be overkill to send two letters, but it could be useful later if you need to dispute with the CRA.

There are even some people who recommend that you just type (or print) your name at the bottom of the letter, instead of signing it. By doing so, an unscrupulous CA (aren't they all?) would not be able to forge your signature onto a previously unsigned contract by copying it from your DV letter. That's probably being too paranoid, but I'm sure there have been CAs that have done that or worse ...
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

never thought of that. I will just leave it as typed.
I do not trust them ....one sold to the other &  and re-aged it. both still reporting the creeps

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-12-2007 10:06 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.