Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

telemarketer call for rebuilding credit service

tag
startover03
New Contributor

telemarketer call for rebuilding credit service

I just got a telemarketing pre-recorded call on my cell phone saying "were you recently turned down for a loan or credit card"  "can possibly raise your fico score by 200 points in 30 days"  etc. etc.  I was just turned down, by Cap 1.  Coincidence?  Do they give/sell this info?  I'm hoping it's just coincidence and planning to look up the do not call registry info...to list my cell...but has anyone else had this type call after actually being turned down for a cc?  I googled the number and the number is associated with lowering your interest rate type calls, etc...still...makes me wonder if my info is being sold.  Thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: telemarketer call for rebuilding credit service

It sounds like more than just a coincidence to me.

Have you enrolled in the National Do Not Call Registry ?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 4
startover03
New Contributor

thanks Marine, that was the site I was looking for.  Considering writing Cap-1 to let them know I got the call and hope they had not given out my information...I'll think it over a few days before I decide about writing them though.

Message 3 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I also believe it's a coincidence.  Since there are a gazillion Americans in cc debt, these companies pop up just about over night.  They use auto dialers that call #'s in a numerical order until they get someone who answers.  Then they know it's a real #.  It does NO good to "press 1" to be removed from their calling list, as they really don't care to follow the law.

I recall reading a post somewhere from a guy who was so tired of these calls.  He selected "press 2" to speak with someone....and he had purchased a canned air boat horn & let 'er rip right in the csr's ear!  Those things are ear-peircingly loud!  But no more obnoxious than those unsolicited calls.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.