Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

term expiring?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

term expiring?

I was looking at my reports on CK and on my installment loan one of the CRAs has the term of the loan at 10 months when it is supposed to be 120 months. The other report is correct. I have hard copies of all 3 coming to me so I will be able to check the third. 

Is this going to cause a problem? I.E. when the 10 months is up will it look like I didn't pay on schedule even though I am not late?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: term expiring?

@Anonymous wrote:

I was looking at my reports on CK and on my installment loan one of the CRAs has the term of the loan at 10 months when it is supposed to be 120 months. The other report is correct. I have hard copies of all 3 coming to me so I will be able to check the third. 

Is this going to cause a problem? I.E. when the 10 months is up will it look like I didn't pay on schedule even though I am not late?

Newp, any competent underwriter will know what's up especially looking at the payment on the assumption that's reported.

10 months is such an oddball number anyway, doubtful anyone has a term that isn't on a year boundary for virtually any loan type frankly.  Maybe there's some 3/6 month ones but it's irrelevant to FICO scoring anyway.  Tradeline OK vs negative, current balance, original balance, are the only things that matter.

        
Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: term expiring?

I agree with Rev, it should not really be an issue. Plus, as he said 10 months is not normal by any means.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.