Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wamu/prov

tag
duckman
Established Member

wamu/prov

Hello.  I have an old wamu/providian acct (now reporting as charged off) that was sent to lvnv for collection, which I paid off last year.  I disputed lvnv info and they deleted the entire acct. (which is good i guess), but wamu/prov came back as verified.  Is there any way to get wamu/prov off my report as well.  Any info would be helpful.  This acct is from 2002.  Is it hurting me that much. 

Thanks. 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that once it is verified it will stay...

My understanding is that once it is verified it will stay (as long as it is accurate).  If it is accurate and verified you are probably stuck with it.  Maybe someone else knows of a way to have it removed, but I do not.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot hve accurate information removed from your fil...

You cannot hve accurate information removed from your file.  Had the collector bothered to respond to the dispute, it would still be there.  They are also free to reinsert it into the file as long as the info is valid.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having problems with wamu/providian as well. I had a...

I am having problems with wamu/providian as well. I had an account with them which was sold to another lender. I filed for BK 2 years later and the new lender was included in the filing. My credit report notes that wamu/providian was sold but it also states that it was included in the BK. That means two strikes for one loan. I filed a dispute which was denied. Major bummer.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long asthey re both included in BK they are reporting...

As long as they are both included in BK they are reporting correctly.  Anytime an account is sold to a collection agency it automatically gives you a second ding for the  same account it goes from a charge off to collection.  The good news is that they should bother be removed at the same time since the 7 yrs start at the date of delinquency with wamu/prov not from when it was placed into collections.

Message Edited by Brammy on 03-20-2007 09:28 AM

Message Edited by Brammy on 03-20-2007 09:28 AM
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response Brammy, but the account wasn't s...

Thanks for your response Brammy, but the account wasn't sold to a collection agency. It was sold to Wachovia Bank. It was in good standing when it was sold. I would think that once it was sold, no further activity should be included.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is weird.  I thought it was sold to a collector.  Ha...

That is weird.  I thought it was sold to a collector.  Have you tried contacting WaMu/Prov and asking them to remove that since it was sold BEFORE being included in BK?  I would try that route unless they sold it to Wahovia to collect onSmiley Surprised  Just kidding.  Did it have the same account number?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute often and with documentation

Don't underestimate the effectiveness of persistence.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.