cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what credit scores are right because there are the truecredit(transunion )or the fico scores

jonie4jones

what credit scores are right because there are the truecredit(transunion )or the fico scores

How do we consumers  truly know what  we are looking at and what is truly a good credit score ? I have opened up new credit accounts in the past 2 months and have made all my payments on time yet my credit score went down on the transunion true credit report  and the report isn't even listing them so how do I truly know what agency to deal with so I can accurately stay on top of my credit ?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dekrist
Regular Contributor

Re: what credit scores are right because there are the truecredit(transunion )or the fico scores

True Credit is not your fico score its i believe the vantage scoring  or fako score the scores here at my fico are the real deal. I too use TC but only to monitor reports (daily pulls). You may want to call your new creditors and have them update your accounts to CRA's. My last new account took couple months before it reflected on credit reports. And as far as a good credit score i think the Average is around 680.
Message 2 of 6
jonie4jones

Re: what credit scores are right because there are the truecredit(transunion )or the fico scores

Thanks  I'm so new to this credit score thing I'm freaking out on how to keep a good credit score .

Message Edited by jonie4jones on 04-28-2007 08:31 AM
Message 3 of 6
dekrist
Regular Contributor

It is frustrating but keep asking questions and read alot, some real good info here.
Message 4 of 6
masdeocho
Moderator Emeritus

Trust nothing except the scores you get at myfico.com.  The FAKOs don't even use the same scale, so you're comparing apples and onions if you look at scores from the CRAs or anywhere else.

Your score probably went down because you opened two new accounts recently.  "New credit" counts against you for a while, but after you've racked up a good payment history (on time, every time), you should see improvement in the scores.
-----------------
Bartender, bring another round of FICOtinis please!

9.4.2011: TU 805. EQ 815.
Message 5 of 6
TheNewWorldMan
Valued Contributor

I think trends in FAKO scores have some indicative value of your overall credit situation. But the other posters are right: the industry standard is FICO, and odds are ten to one whatever lender or potential creditor you're applying at is going to be using FICO, not FAKO.
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.