Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when do they hit Credit Report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

when do they hit Credit Report?

hi

when do CC companys generally make changes to credit reports?

question 2 ... if i got only about 1000 debt on a CC that its on a 1500 limit which means the ult is high, would it be better to BT some of it to another CC to lower ulti.?

TIA!!

mike
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: when do they hit Credit Report?

It depends. Most report monthly. Some will report overlimits and maxed out cards same day.

Give 'em a call and ask 'em. Appear lost and in need of help. People have an inherent desire to wanna help someone who seems to need help. "Hi, um, ah, I have a question about my credit card. I'm not really sure what department to talk to. Umm, can you tell me when you report to the credit bureaus? I'm trying to paying some things down. I'm trying to buy a home (or car or whatever) for my family. Can you help?"

Yes, $1,000 on a card with a $1,500 limit is at 67% util. Getting all cards under 50% is better, under 30% is better still. If you have another card with a low util, then a BT to bring the high util card down will definitely help.

Of course, as with all things, it depends. If you're trying to qualify for a mortgage near term, then getting util down is probably the most important thing. But, if you're trying to retire debt, then a BT to a lower APR card (where you get stung with smaller interest each month) is more important.
Message 2 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with what has already been said.. but opening a new account to BT $1k doesn't seem worth it. This is especially true if you are planning to get a mortgage soon as most will tell you not to obtain any new credit until you close on your home.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A $1000 could be paid off easily within a month or two... opening a new account will ding your FICO.

As for when do they report - best bet is to ask.
Message 4 of 5
Neblett
Regular Contributor

htc wrote:
A $1000 could be paid off easily within a month or two... opening a new account will ding your FICO.

As for when do they report - best bet is to ask.

Maybe with your income.  Not with mine.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.