Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wow! got 2 deletions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow! got 2 deletions

Just got email from TU for dispute investigation completion, had 4 items 1 was personal info incorrect, and 3 collection accounts.  2 of them were deleted and 1 was verified. The one that was verified is the one i do not know anything about its from Palisades Collection for an at&t wireless account. I've never received a letter or bill from them. So now do i  write Debt Validaton letter to Palisades?. This is one agency i've read about on other forums that has a nasty rep. Any ideas will be appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: wow! got 2 deletions

dekrist wrote:
Just got email from TU for dispute investigation completion, had 4 items 1 was personal info incorrect, and 3 collection accounts.  2 of them were deleted and 1 was verified. The one that was verified is the one i do not know anything about its from Palisades Collection for an at&t wireless account. I've never received a letter or bill from them. So now do i  write Debt Validaton letter to Palisades?. This is one agency i've read about on other forums that has a nasty rep. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Congrats Dekrist

Seems ATT is having a major meltdown as far as collections are concerned.  Not sure what to tell you expect fight tooth and nail.  Request a debt validation first so that they can give you dates and times.  There is a good pay for deletion letter if you really do owe this amount in this thread
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Brammy, Honestly if i owed it I would just pay it just to get it done, I think I'm in for a long battle here though so i'll write them a validation letter and let the games begin!. This is the last item on my TU report have 2 on EX with Palisades being one of them and 4 on EQ with Palisades also being one.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

dekrist wrote:
Thanks Brammy, Honestly if i owed it I would just pay it just to get it done, I think I'm in for a long battle here though so i'll write them a validation letter and let the games begin!. This is the last item on my TU report have 2 on EX with Palisades being one of them and 4 on EQ with Palisades also being one.

I argued with the CA on that one for a while and finnaly wrote the FTC since that account would have meant having two separate accounts at the same time at the same address which I never did.  I gave it 30 days after my FTC contact and called the collector back who graciously forwarded me a letter stating they would no longer be collecting on it since it was an invalid debt and it was promptly removed.

Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Way to go!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.