Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Credit Pulls in 3 days???WTH

tag
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Re: 2 Credit Pulls in 3 days???WTH

...ok, I won't tell you ...we'll just let it be another "oops" moment in the process, eh Smiley Wink

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lemmus your killing me.  If I close in less than 90 days why would they need to?  If they do they do but that would be 4 credit pulls from pre-approval to closing.  What is the point?

Message 12 of 25
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Lemmus your killing me.  If I close in less than 90 days why would they need to?  If they do they do but that would be 4 credit pulls from pre-approval to closing.  What is the point?

The lender may do a soft pull or a hard pull just before closing to make sure you haven't picked up any additional debt or new credit. Some people run out and buy things when they get a mortgage approval Smiley Frustrated For some reason they can't wait until they close. If they are close on their DTI it can then kill the whole deal if the new debt pushes them over their allowed back end ratio.  

The whole point of watching your inqs is to make large purchases - like homes, cars, investments etc. So when you are in the middle of approval for one of those items, an extra inq or two won't hurt especially if you balance it out with low utilization.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get it.  I had planned on one pull for pre-approval and one pull near closing.  I just thought was four would be excessive.  I have read and read the posts on this forum and I promise myself, you, all the great people of this forum and the underwriter of my mortgage that I will purchase NOTHING before closing.lol Smiley Happy  I am very glad I read about this stuff before I went through the process.  I think everyone should.  There are so many little details that can kill your loan that most people would not even think of.

Message 14 of 25
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

My husband has pretty much handled 100% of the process for every home we have bought until this one. Looking back I now see how completely clueless we were. Back in 2006 we were in the middle of buying a house and went and traded in a car 2 weeks before closing. I don't know how we didn't blow the deal but that was still in the time when they were giving out mortgages like candy.

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mynameainttracy wrote:

My husband has pretty much handled 100% of the process for every home we have bought until this one. Looking back I now see how completely clueless we were. Back in 2006 we were in the middle of buying a house and went and traded in a car 2 weeks before closing. I don't know how we didn't blow the deal but that was still in the time when they were giving out mortgages like candy.

My mother and my kids have been trying for weeks to get me to go shopping for furniture, etc.lol  They get so frustrated when I say I CAN'T SPEND ANY MONEY!!!!lol

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

So whats stopping anyone from buying furniture on the CC and payng it off before the due date (assuming you have the cash saved up for the furniture)?

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, it would be that too many things can happen.  Being a single mom I have to be ready for anything.lol  I would be afraid that I put it on the CC and then the dog gets hit and I gotta pay a huge vet bill.  Then CC reports high balance and there goes my laon!lol

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nitrous wanted to know-

"So whats stopping anyone from buying furniture on the CC and payng it off before the due date (assuming you have the cash saved up for the furniture)?"

Nothing.  Don't reckon anyone thought of it till now.

Then myname said-

"Back in 2006 we were in the middle of buying a house and went and traded in a car 2 weeks before closing."

Y'all are awesome. So what kinda car didja get?

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nitrous wanted to know-

"So whats stopping anyone from buying furniture on the CC and payng it off before the due date (assuming you have the cash saved up for the furniture)?"

Nothing.  Don't reckon anyone thought of it till now.

Then myname said-

"Back in 2006 we were in the middle of buying a house and went and traded in a car 2 weeks before closing."

Y'all are awesome. So what kinda car didja get?

So is that a "no-no" or is that a "no issue at all" :/

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.