Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Q's regarding qualifying- condo lease and car loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Q's regarding qualifying- condo lease and car loan

I hope all of you knowledgeable people can hel me out.  I own a condo which given the current climate I cannot sell for what I owe on the mortgage...if I could sell it at all.  I changed jobs in January 2007 and can't stand the commute anymore in addition to a few other issues with my current place.  Therefore, I would like to lease it out and buy a new home, especially given the current market.  I could get a really good deal on what is close to the house of my dreams.  It is new construction so will be around a 6 month wait from the time I sign until I close.  I have a decent enough income I could afford to make both the lease payments and a new mortgage if need be for a few months. 

I have a decent credit rating at least as far as Equifax is concerned- 727.  What do I need to show regarding my current mortgage to be able to qualify for a new mortgage?  Signed lease?  For what length of time? 

On an entirely different tangent, I currently have a car payment of nearly $400 per month.  My car will be paid off next March.  I would like to trade that car in to buy a new car which will likely substantially bring down my car payment.  But...I will obviously now have a car payment well extending past March, 2009 and I would like to know what kind of hit my credit score will take by opening a new credit account so close to trying to qualify for a mortgage. 

Is it worth it to lower my car payments (and my monthly debt) but take a hit on my credit or should I stick it out with my more expensive car.  My car is getting more expensive because I think it knows I want to get rid of it and it's slowly starting to fall apart!  Smiley Wink

Thanks for all your help!

Jennifer
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: 2 Q's regarding qualifying- condo lease and car loan

A 727 FICO doesn't need to worry about a credit hit for new tradeline.

12 month lease ont the condo will wash out most of your payment.... freeing up DTI.

Rent X .75 = net rent (allows for repairs and occupancy)

So if you have a $1000/month payment and collect $1000 rent. We will give you credit for $750 and $250 will be counted against DTI
Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Q's regarding qualifying- condo lease and car loan

Thank you!  Just the info I needed. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.