cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 meeting with my credit union:)

bigbodybenz
New Contributor

2 meeting with my credit union:)

my apr is 4.500% on a $200k mortgage loan looking to drop that apr after my 2 disputes my middle score is 672 im trying to hit that 700 mark in atleast 3 months i have 1 collection thats comeing out of my check that will be paid off by closeing time thats it my meeting went great with my credit union. im also gonna go to wells fargo to see if they counld match that 4.500%. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 meeting with my credit union:)

@bigbodybenz wrote:

my apr is 4.500% on a $200k mortgage loan looking to drop that apr after my 2 disputes my middle score is 672 im trying to hit that 700 mark in atleast 3 months i have 1 collection thats comeing out of my check that will be paid off by closeing time thats it my meeting went great with my credit union. im also gonna go to wells fargo to see if they counld match that 4.500%. 

May be a dumb question but why not just do a FHA refi?

        
Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: 2 meeting with my credit union:)

@Revelate wrote:

@bigbodybenz wrote:

May be a dumb question but why not just do a FHA refi?

^^^Agree. You can get a much better rate (my lender is at 3.75% fixed 30 yrs as of Friday June 7 2015) and the MI is less on FHA if your scores are less than 680. If you have equity you can get a mortgage at 90% LTV or less and the MIP drops off in 11 years with an FHA loan (only if you have less than 90% LTV though)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.