Did you mean: 

3 Years Post BK - FHA Loan

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: 3 Years Post BK - FHA Loan

@panda11 wrote:

Scupra

Congrats and good luck with the purchase of the house, can you post the differences in your mortgage ficos versus your 2008 ficos? I conmentted before that you 2008 ficos are excellent for only being 3 yrs post discharge.

Mortgage Scores:

EX - 729

TU - 718

EQ - 711

08 FICO's:

EX - 723

TU - 724

EQ - 720

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 72
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Scupra wrote:

@panda11 wrote:

Scupra

Congrats and good luck with the purchase of the house, can you post the differences in your mortgage ficos versus your 2008 ficos? I conmentted before that you 2008 ficos are excellent for only being 3 yrs post discharge.

Mortgage Scores:

EX - 729

TU - 718

EQ - 711

08 FICO's:

EX - 723

TU - 724

EQ - 720

Fabulous rebuild. Congratulations!

Message 12 of 72
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

Late July we submitted for a soft pre-qual which involved some SP's on TU an EX. Loan officer told us we would have a limit of around $250k We just started looking at the beginning of this month and submitted for pre-qual a couple days ago. Auto approved for the "Home in Five" program and submitted a back up offer on a house for $209k asking seller to pay fee's. They had a better offer and we kept on looking. Last night we found another house we liked and submitted an offer for full list, $199k, and asking seller to pay fee's. Now we are waiting for a response!

• Purchase Price:  $199,000
  • Property: Single Family: 2 story
  • Submitted offer on: October 15th
  • Signed Purchased contract on : October 15th
  • Type of Loan: FHA Home in Five Program
  • Loan Rate: 4.35%
  • Expected Close on Contract is November 25th

Crossing fingers!

Man oh man... Ok, so they didn't like that offer. Our realtor offered $204,000 w/ seller paying fee's over the phone and it was quickly shot down. While waiting another house that was the exact same layout, and price, went on the market so we submitted a full list offer of $199,900 asking them to pay fee's. The next day our realtor called to let us know they received to cash offers that were netting them more than our offer.. UGH!

Finally received an official counter on the other house. They came back at $206,180 with them paying fee's. The comp's in the area are selling for $200k ish so we hit them back saying we will accept the counter IF they pay for the appraisal up front. Our 10 day inspection period would start the day the appraisal was delivered to my lender. I don't want to get stuck paying for an appraisal if we can't get LTV in line with loan terms. This was the only thing I could think of. Waiting on a response now...

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 13 of 72
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

That sounds like a reasonable counteroffer that the seller should pay close attention to IMO.

BTW, when I have run into a situation where the property looks like it won't appraise (and the buyer is my client, not the seller). We will offer the higher price knowing that FHA/VA loans require the sales contract price to match the appraised value (or for the buyer to bring in extra funds or for the seller to drop the price to the appraised value or some combo in between). With my buyers that don't have the extra funds, I make that abundantly clear at the outset with the other agent that the appraisal is the key and routinely, even today, have the seller drop the price to the appraised value. This works well when the property has been on the market a while (60+ days). It doesn't work for a property that is new on the market generally.

Sometimes the seller just wants to see that official third party appraisal to know that they actually received market value before they will adjust the contract price downward.  

Message 14 of 72
Scupra
Super Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

That sounds like a reasonable counteroffer that the seller should pay close attention to IMO.

BTW, when I have run into a situation where the property looks like it won't appraise (and the buyer is my client, not the seller). We will offer the higher price knowing that FHA/VA loans require the sales contract price to match the appraised value (or for the buyer to bring in extra funds or for the seller to drop the price to the appraised value or some combo in between). With my buyers that don't have the extra funds, I make that abundantly clear at the outset with the other agent that the appraisal is the key and routinely, even today, have the seller drop the price to the appraised value. This works well when the property has been on the market a while (60+ days). It doesn't work for a property that is new on the market generally.

Sometimes the seller just wants to see that official third party appraisal to know that they actually received market value before they will adjust the contract price downward.  

Oh my gosh, these sellers have been the biggest pain to deal with! They take FOREVER to respond and are not budging on anything. I guess they have another offer as well so they ignored our contract deadline and said, "we will let you know tomorrow." I wouldn't have a problem paying for the appraisal IF I thought these sellers would come down to appraised value for sales price. I am hoping that like you said, just seeing the appraised value will get them to move Smiley Happy

House has been on the market for 32 days. Unfortunately houses in my area sell within a couple days and usually have multiple offers to choose from. By the way, I thought they said buying a home was supposed to be fun Smiley Very Happy Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 15 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscribing so I can find out what happens. Fingers crossed!

Message 16 of 72
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@panda11 wrote:

Scupra

Mortgage Scores:

EX - 729

TU - 718

EQ - 711

08 FICO's:

EX - 723

TU - 724

EQ - 720

Fabulous rebuild. Congratulations!

EXCELLENT!!!!!  Im so proud of you Scupra!!!  Id be a lot closer to those sores if I didnt have 80+ inquires, and added like 50 new accts over the last 2 yrs, LMAO!!!  I REGRET NOTHING!!! lol  Smiley Wink  Way cool scores!Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 72
Scupra
Super Contributor

Ok, we got sick of waiting for a response from the sellers. They had a deadline of the 18th at 10:00 PM... We found the exact same layout in another neighborhood and decided to put an offer in last night. Offer was full list at $205,000, seller leaves appliances/W&D and seller pays fee's. Just heard back from my realtor and it looks like they are going to accept!!! Will update when I hear more Smiley Very Happy

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 18 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

Ok, we got sick of waiting for a response from the sellers. They had a deadline of the 18th at 10:00 PM... We found the exact same layout in another neighborhood and decided to put an offer in last night. Offer was full list at $205,000, seller leaves appliances/W&D and seller pays fee's. Just heard back from my realtor and it looks like they are going to accept!!! Will update when I hear more Smiley Very Happy

Fingers crossed for you - and sadly - I had an "I hope Karma kicks the other sellers in the butt for taking too long" moment.   

I wish you all the best!

Message 19 of 72
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

Fingers crossed for you - and sadly - I had an "I hope Karma kicks the other sellers in the butt for taking too long" moment.   

I wish you all the best!

Oh, I am right there with you!! Really hope the rest of this process runs smoothly Smiley Happy Thank you!

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 20 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.