Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3-yr low interest rates - Refinancing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3-yr low interest rates - Refinancing

Exceptional rates out there. Anyone thinking of refinancing or in the process of?

If so, what are some things to look out for?

4 REPLIES 4
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: 3-yr low interest rates - Refinancing

Compare APRs if you shop around but learn enough about the process and know enough about your own situation to figure out what's best for you....then, take advantage of the opportunity and don't panic.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 5
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

The market is pretty volatile and can change from day to day.  As an example, I priced out a loan for one of my clients on Tuesday at 3.25% and by Thursday the market had deteriorated and it when to 3.375%. Many of us LO's have tools to best determine when to lock a loan or float, but in the end timing is everything.

The word on the street is the FED may consider cutting the rate again next month. I have several refi's going and most people want to lock now and not wait, while a few are waiting out the market.  Do your research but don't let the parade pass you by.

NOTE: In my humble opinion, we should be seeing lower rates as the fears of an overdue recession loom out there. 

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good stuff! Thanks guys. I've been monitoring the rates everyday in hope of striking the hammer when then time is right.

Message 4 of 5
JVille
Valued Contributor

Don’t be greedy, if you are wanting to Refi get your application in now. By the time the rates go lower (if they do) every lender will be too busy to get you in. Do it now, rates are unbelievable and lock that rate ASAP. Don’t look back and don’t second guess it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.