Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3b monitoring report & scores question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3b monitoring report & scores question

I just ordered the 3b monitoring report and saw my scores...very sad moment.

Score 8- Trans 561 Equifax 580 Experian 584
Score 4- Trans 496 Equifax 494 Experian 489

With these scores, I feel like it will be forever before I can qualify for a mortgage.

Both my credit cards are only at 1-2% utilization.

My unsecured loan from my credit union is $330 balance of 500 loan. Only had it 3 months but no Lates.

My car loans are current as of Nov 2015. Had lates every month from Feb-Oct. lost my job and things fell way behind.

Student loans are $56k but on IBR plan of $110/mo. Just got this going. Was on forbearance due to lost job.

Comcast collection account $550 balance
Directv collection account $600 balance

Any advice would be great on how I can get my mortgage scores up so I can hopefully qualify for a house after my lease is up end of 2016.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: 3b monitoring report & scores question

@Anonymous wrote:
I just ordered the 3b monitoring report and saw my scores...very sad moment.

Score 8- Trans 561 Equifax 580 Experian 584
Score 4- Trans 496 Equifax 494 Experian 489

With these scores, I feel like it will be forever before I can qualify for a mortgage.

Both my credit cards are only at 1-2% utilization.

My unsecured loan from my credit union is $330 balance of 500 loan. Only had it 3 months but no Lates.

My car loans are current as of Nov 2015. Had lates every month from Feb-Oct. lost my job and things fell way behind.

Student loans are $56k but on IBR plan of $110/mo. Just got this going. Was on forbearance due to lost job.

Comcast collection account $550 balance
Directv collection account $600 balance

Any advice would be great on how I can get my mortgage scores up so I can hopefully qualify for a house after my lease is up end of 2016.

This question would be best in the re-building section. My suggestion would be to see what you can do about Comcast & DirectTV.  Have you tried PFD?  Talk to them and get it in writing if they agree to delete, then PIF.  

Aside from those, it's a matter of time a low utilization being on your side. Since you purchased the reports, what does each simulator show as your best options.  Play with those simulators and utilize them while you have access.  But really work on getting rid of those collections.  Call & write as many times as necessary to get a yes and an e-mail or letter confirming that they will delete the collection.  You didn't list the dates of the collections, but that also matters.

Again, the rebuilding section will have a lot better advice and people to assist, but the above is a start.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: 3b monitoring report & scores question

I would also suggest adding a couple more cards.  These will be secured cards (with your current scores).  ask around because some are better than others and you can get them with no HP's.

You could use some positive payment history to outweigh those late's.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.