Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.2% APR Mortgage Loan Good or No?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4.2% APR Mortgage Loan Good or No?

Hello,

I am signing the mortgage paperwork and my interest rate will be 4.25% fixed 30 years.  Is this a good rate or not for a middle score of around 678.  This was pulled in August.   And, wouldn't you know it?  My middle school is now 698. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4.2% APR Mortgage Loan Good or No?

I would say yes it is.      Smiley Happy  

http://www.myfico.com/SavingsCenter/Home-Loans.aspx?qsid=Mort_All_SC-CreditCards
There's a chart on the left side of the screen.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What type of loan is it? I have a 4.1% with a middle score of 598. But ours is VA loan. And I bought the rate down. Original quoted rate was 4.5%
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your middle score is 100 pts higher than mine. If it's a conventional loan, it's a good rate. If it's a government backed loan you can do better
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a FHA IHDA loan.  And, actually my score was 683 fico4 not 678 as I originally thought.   

Anyone know how to get a lower rate?

Message 5 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a FHA IHDA loan.  And, actually my score was 683 fico4 not 678 as I originally thought.   

Anyone know how to get a lower rate?

You haven't provided enough info to know for sure. How much are you putting down? Is the IHDA portion your down payment or closing costs or both? Are you paying your own downpayment and closing costs or are you paying some and IHDA paying the rest?

I ask these questions because all of that information is tied into the rate. When you have a first time homebuyers type program, normally the cc and interest rate both are slightly higher but the program contributes toward your costs so you actually pay anywhere from zero to a small contribution. Each program is different. And each program has different qualifying criteria.  

What are all the terms? That is the only way to compare accurately.

Message 6 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

I'm getting 4.3% but it is a down payment assitance FHA loan. It gives us about 4% down though. I was told I could get 3.8% with a normal FHA
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything under 5% is good.  

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last eat mortgage loan is 4.075 thats with me having a 810 score purchase price is 190k but my loan is under rental investment loan
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.